Within the Structures Daily Repairs Department, ensure, with timely answers, continuous engineering support to customers for structural queries.
As Structures Engineer, he is responsible to:
- Provide timely technical support to customers on 7 days per week basis
- Evaluate daily customer requests regarding structural damage on in-service aircraft
- Investigate existance of previous similar cases in order to ensure consistent support
- Describe all the actions needed to repair aircraft via Structural Repair Instructions
- Communicate and liaise with customers and internal stakeholders from receipt of queries to their full resolution
- Feed ATR’s databases as necessary to record relevant data associated to each query
- Contribute to safe and economical operations of the airplane by providing customers with structural repair and engineering services within required timeframe.
- Ensure aircraft airworthiness by making sure that structural repairs or deviations from the original design are compliant with applicable regulations.
- Participate in the Design Organization activity, through the preparation and release of approval documents (such as Technical Adaptation, Structural Repair Approval Sheet) under Part21J delegation
- Participate, if required, in on-site support to customers
Frequent interactions with customers, Structural Data (ESD, stress office), Repair Drawing Team (ESSR), Fleet Support Team (ESSF) and other ATR departments (customer support, spares engineering, safety, quality, etc)
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
- Master’s degree (Bac +4/5) in aeronautical structures or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in aircraft structural repair
Language skills (and level):
- Aircraft structures (and if possible in ATR structures).
- Aircraft structural repairs principles (metallic & composite).
- Metallic & composite materials.
- Non-destructive testing methods
- Knowledge of Leonardo / Airbus drawings is a plus
IT skills (tools):
- English (B2)
- Any other languages will be a plus
Soft skills (2-3 key skills)
- Microsoft Office
- ATR IT tools (CRM, SAMONIT, GILDA…) is a plus
Specific contraints (eg: night working, regular business trips…):
- Autonomous, rigorous and with good organizational skills.
- Open minded, positive thinking, great teamworker
- Strong orientation to customers
- The position requires participation in 7days/week rotations, i.e., availability for working during weekends & public holidays, plus morning and evening shifts from Monday to Friday
- Possible missions to provide on-site support to customer airline / MRO
ATR is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.